The human body requires certain foods or nutrients that help the immune system to get boosted and strong. The powerful immune system prevents cold, virus, or flu and keeps the body healthy. Therefore, consuming these foods in the diet certainly helps strengthen the person’s overall health.
Foods that boost the immune system are:
1. Dark Chocolate for immunity
If you are looking for a superfood that can benefit your health and help to strengthen your immune system, then I recommend you pay close attention to Dark Chocolate.
So if you are looking for a powerful “treat” for immune system boosting, then this is the sweetest thing you could eat.
- Dark chocolate contains flavonoids
- these are a type of antioxidant that has been proven to protect the body from cell damage.
- Antioxidants are very important for our immune system because they reduce the risk of disease and illness.
- The flavonoids found in dark chocolate may also increase the immune system’s ability to fight off infections,
- regulate blood sugar levels and help ward off free radicals.
Some studies even suggest that flavonoids aid in blocking the replication of the herpes simplex virus.
So while dark chocolate is not as high in caffeine as other forms of chocolate, the flavonoids it contains are absolutely wonderful for our health and help us live longer.
2. Turmeric for immunity in foods
- Turmeric for the immune system to build up is a popular topic of interest because turmeric can play multiple roles in the body.
- Whether you are fighting off cold and flu season or just trying to remain healthy in general,
- it is important to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Research indicates that spice turmeric can provide a boost to the immune system by increasing levels of “antibodies” which serve to fight off and
- prevent illness by identifying foreign and potentially disease-causing bacteria.
- The immune system functions as your first line of defense.
The benefits of almonds for the immune system to build up from a little-known fact:
Almonds are naturally very rich in magnesium.
Magnesium works with the immune system to help ward off infections and other illnesses.
And it’s not just the immune system that benefits from almonds, but your eyes, too, thanks to the powerful anti-inflammatory properties of the oil.
Broccoli for immune system enhancement. There are many ways to increase it in your body. In particular, broccoli is known to boost our immune system by boosting our bodies’ ability to fight off disease and illness.
- Many studies have been done on the subject and most conclude that eating at least four ounces of fresh fruit
- and vegetables per day along with a good all-around multivitamin can help to strengthen your immune system.
- Broccoli is certainly one of those foods that can help to boost your immune system.
- When you cook with broccoli, it is important to use the skin on the broccoli and not the flesh, so that the enzymes can work their magic.
Also Read: Home Remedies for blocked Nose and sore throat
5. Spinach in foods
Spinach for immunity boost is a commonly asked question by those who have been diagnosed with some kind of illness. The spinach is rich in beta carotene, which not only helps to give you good eyesight but also helps in reducing the risk of various kinds of cancer.
- One of the reasons is that it contains chlorophyll, a compound that helps to break down hemoglobin in our blood,
- helping it to be transported to the muscles and other parts of the body.
- Therefore, spinach helps us to remove the toxins and other substances from the blood and so makes our bodies fit and strong.
- It can be prepared in many ways but one of the best ways is to simply add it to a salad or other cold salads and leave it to serve on its own.
- One of the best-known ways of preparing spinach is to mix chopped spinach with olive oil and add some lemon juice. This will serve as a tasty appetizer and can be taken on an afternoon tea.
6. Citric fruits
Citric fruits are very helpful to boost your immune system. They contain anthocyanins, which are known to fight viruses and bacteria.
These days, researchers have shown that anthocyanins are able to boost the immune of the body.
Some research has also shown that some fruits, like grapes and cranberries, can be used to reduce the symptoms of the body.
Some researchers believe that this type of therapy is able to boost the immune in a natural way.
Also Read: Get rid of stretch marks
Yogurt has long been a good food for boosting the immune system. The first documented use of yogurt to treat immunity seems to have occurred during the period of the Ancient Egyptians who knew how to make effective yogurt products and applied them to wounds to speed healing.
When you eat yogurt, lactobacillus acidophilus produces hydrogen peroxide which kills off infection-causing cells.
This makes the immune system stronger and less prone to attack from illness. The bacteria in the yogurt act in a symbiotic relationship with the intestinal bacteria that are already present in the intestines.
This makes yogurt a powerful immune system booster when used regularly.
8. Green Tea
Are you aware that Green tea can actually enhance your immune system?
Most people are not aware of this but when you take Green tea, you will be able to boost your immune system and this will help to make you stronger from the inside out.
Green tea has the properties to help the immunity to function properly.
- When you are taking this type of tea,
- you will want to make sure that you are drinking it on a regular basis to be able to see the best results.
Papaya for immune system boost? It sounds like a new age cure, doesn’t it?
When you think about the long list of benefits that one seemingly small fruit can provide, including its ability to strengthen our immunity and fight off viruses and bacteria.
You can understand why so many people are buying into this latest health craze.
- Basically, the fruit’s high level of nutrients – particularly vitamins C and E – helps to enhance overall immune system function.
- This can help prevent illness in the first place and protect us from illness, even when we aren’t sick.
New research from the University of Buffalo suggests that Kiwi for immunity improvement may help people who struggle with allergies, asthma, and even rheumatoid arthritis.
One of the most significant benefits of having a healthy immunity is the prevention of chronic illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, and HIV/AIDS.
Kiwifruit is loaded with nutrients including vitamins C, E, and K, and has no calories, cholesterol, or fat.
- 22 Home Remedies for Blocked Nose | Sore Throat | Stuffy Nose
- 10 Home Remedies for Plantar Fasciitis | Plantar Fasciitis Relief
- 10 Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice for Weight Loss
- 9 Amazing Flaxseeds Health Benefits and Uses
- How Ashwagandha Works for Weight Loss
11. Garlic as foods
Garlic for immune system booster is a popular topic in the natural health community, and for good reason.
We all want to find ways to boost our immunity so we can live longer, healthier lives.
It is an excellent source of these nutrients, as it has been used for centuries to help people to strengthen their immunity and to keep them healthy.
There are many herbs that have been recommended as a medicine for humans but ginger is one of the oldest and most frequently used herbs in the world.
- One of the best parts about ginger is that it is all-natural and has no negative side effects.
- For those suffering from an illness such as the common cold or the flu,
- ginger can help boost immunity and help the body fight off the illness.
If you have ever read about oranges and the benefits that come along with them, then it is likely that you might be considering incorporating oranges into your daily health routine.
They taste great and are packed with Vitamin C, potassium, pectin, iron, fiber, and many other important nutrients that can help boost your immune system.
Just one large unpeeled orange gives you almost twice the amount of vitamin C that you get from one glass of orange juice.
That is almost half of what you should be taking in each day.
There are many foods for immune system enhancement.
Although each food works differently in the body, some foods work better than others.
If you’re not sure which ones you should eat more of,
it’s a good idea to do some research about them to see how they can affect your body.
Note: Above all is for general purpose
One thought on “13 Foods that boost and improve the Immune System”
[…] Read more: Foods that boost immune system […]