Ginger Garlic Paste – A Healthy Alternative to Garlic
The secrets of how to make ginger-garlic paste are as simple as the ingredients used. Garlic and ginger both have pungent properties that can work wonders in your cooking when combined together.
In this article, I am exploring the different varieties to make ginger garlic paste. The various ways in which ginger can be used in food are also discussed. There are many uses of this paste in cooking recipes.
How to make Ginger-Garlic Paste at Home
This paste can be used for many things ranging from adding flavor or add color to your food.
- Start out by taking fresh ginger from the garden or store, cleaning off the stem and any visible skin.
- Put this directly onto the baking sheet in the oven-safe bowl, and mix with the other ingredients.
- It will begin to simmer when heated and it will reduce within a few hours, retaining most of its potency.
- Use freshly squeezed ginger to mix into soups, stews, sauces, and salads for delicious results.
- To make the ginger garlic paste, you will need: Fresh ginger root, garlic, honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- You should have all these ingredients ready before you start cooking. When everything is ready, you should first heat up your oil in a non-stick frying pan or skillet.
- Once the oil is heated enough, you can now add your ginger roots and garlic cloves to the pan
- and stir until they are soft.
- After this, you should take your garlic clove and crush it with your pestle.
- After that, you can add the ground paste to your heated oil and stir again.
- Add your mixture to your food and serve it immediately or place the cooked garlic paste in a container.
Also Read : Know the benefits of Ginger Ale
Also Read : How to make Ginger essential oil
People who have diabetes should keep their diabetes symptoms under control with the help of ginger garlic paste. It can be said that it is a healthy substitute for garlic since it is not readily available to most of us in our normal food.
It is important to note that these recipes with this paste can be used year round. However the flavor tends to improve in the winter. Thus it has short shelf life and needs proper refrigeration to prolong shelf life. Since this is a relatively new concept and not much research has been going on regarding its benefits for health.
If you think this information is beneficial then Share this article with your family and friends.